I’m curious and I hope you don’t mind sharing some information with me.
- Do you wash your hair before your sisterlock re-tightening or does your loctician washes your hair for you as a standard part of your appointment?
- Whether your hair is washed before or during your appointment, are your sisterlocks re-tightened on wet/damp or dry hair? Preference?
- How much do you pay for your re-tightenings and where do you live? (since cost can vary by location) And, how long does it typically take?
Here are my responses:
- I wash my hair before re-tightenings (the night before or morning of). Even if I’m scheduled to get a color, my loctician expects my hair to be clean before the appointment.
- I prefer that my hair is dry for re-tightenings. Once or twice, I did arrive with slightly damp hair (when I washed that morning), which is totally acceptable. But I like the results better when my hair is dry before re-tis. (The only other exception is when I get a black rinse and my hair is still wet. However, the one time I got a rinse before a re-ti, I also had a style done so my hair looked quite snazzy!)
- I pay $35/hour for re-tis. I get my hair done in Boston, MA. (Though interested, right now I’m not motivated to take the self re-tightening class.) It usually takes between 2-3 hours.